RHA to host Feed-a-Friend

Megan Moore

The Prairie.

The Prairie.

Over a hundred people will be provided with a meal on behalf of the WTAMU Residence Hall Association and the Feed-A-Friend program on Nov. 13.

Students who live on campus are allowed to donate one meal from their meal plan to this program, which then donates the meal to the Salvation Army.

“Only students with meal plans are allowed [to donate], unfortunately, because we are taking the meals from the Caf. They are pretty much already paying for it,” Tobie Browber, national communications coordinator for the Residence Hall Association, said.

Students can go to both their residence hall or to the Dining Hall to donate one of their meals through Nov 13, when the dinners will be delivered. Students are only allowed to donate one meal.

“We have students that want to donate more than one but only one meal is allowed,” Browber said.

The program was announced at a hall council meeting, which enabled residence assistants to inform their floors on the ability to feed someone else.

“Donating is completely voluntary. I don’t use all of the meals I am allotted so I figured I would donate them to a better cause instead of letting them go to waste,” Raini Whitacre, an RA in Cross Hall, said.

This will be the 17th annual food drive that the RHA has founded and there will be a Thanksgiving meal for the Salvation Army.

“People are always appreciative and so is the Salvation Army. It is one night that the meal is taken care of,” Jon Behrens, director of Residential Living, said.

The meals will be prepared and packaged in tinfoil pans and sent downtown to the Salvation Army building. RHA members will be serving the meals.

“It is supposed to be cooler on Tuesday and cooler weather means more folks. There are over 100 typically,” Behrens said.

• RHA to host Feed-a-Friend

Opinion

Take a Moment to Breathe During Finals Week

• RHA to host Feed-a-Friend

News

WTAMU Storytelling Festival to Feature Native American Teller Eldrena Douma

• RHA to host Feed-a-Friend

Editorials

Reach Out

• RHA to host Feed-a-Friend

News

Laura Lopez Speaks of Leadership

• RHA to host Feed-a-Friend

Blogs

Three years since the Sewol-ho Ferry

• RHA to host Feed-a-Friend

Editorials

Choose Growth, Follow Passions in Class Registration

• RHA to host Feed-a-Friend

Entertainment

Undertaker: The Final Bell Tolls

• RHA to host Feed-a-Friend

Editorials

Welcome to the Panhandle

• RHA to host Feed-a-Friend

Editorials

Persevere Through It All

• RHA to host Feed-a-Friend

Entertainment

Ape Escape – Full Review

RHA to host Feed-a-Friend