Annual Renaissance Feast benefits WT Music School

The Canyon community joined WTAMU’s CORE Center and the Sybil B. Harrington College of Fine Arts and Humanities for the annual Renaissance Feast. Noble lords, ladies, and jesters gathered at the Hazel Kelley Alumni Banquet Hall to celebrate with their hosts, President J. Patrick and Karen O’Brien.

Director of Student Activities Skip Chisum explained that the event helps raise money for students involved in the music school.

“The Renaissance Holiday Feast directly affects some of the students that are performing in it,” said Chisum.

Many of these students involved in the Feast not only performed, but they also had specific tasks.

“I am a jester, which is a lot of fun. We get to run around [and act] crazy!” Maggie Gagnon, a sophomore Music Education major, said.

Others in the Music School participated in the feast as well. JP, a freshman Music Education major was a table waiter to the lords and ladies.

“I got to be a waiter for this event, and this is my first time doing something like this so I am excited!” he said.

The celebration began at 6:45 p.m. with a traditional wassail bowl and songs. The evening continued with a feast of foods from the Renaissance era. There were pieces performed by the School of Music to accompany the Renaissance theme, as well as puppetry and story-telling.