Homecoming Preview

Sarah Jo Miller

Local News Story. Art by Chris Brockman.

Homecoming week is finally here! Stay busy this week with the many homecoming activities leading up to the big game on Saturday. The traditional student activities this week range from Tuesday’s Midnight Weenie Roast to the Pigskin Revue and The Revivalists Concert on Friday.

“This week I am really looking forward to seeing everyone at our events. We are all hoping for huge crowds at each,” Tobie Browder, RHA president, said. “Getting students out of their rooms, meeting new people, and just having a great time is always the best part of homecoming week.”

Today brings about the second day of festivities, as well as the first day of free lunches. At noon in the Jack B. Kelley Student Center, the Catholic Student Center will host a free lunch for all students. Wednesday, the Baptist Student Ministry, at the same location and time, provides another free lunch.

“Events like these are good because they bring people, no matter what belief, together,” Caleb Hubbard, Catholic Student Leadership Team of CSC, said. “It’s a way that we as campus ministries can give back to the communities.”

Not only will there be free lunches. Students can find more free food at the Midnight Weenie Roast at the Buffalo Sports Park and the Midnight Pancake Breakfast.

“It’s so fun, because we usually have a huge crowd, and we also have music,” Browder said. “Midnight Pancake Breakfast is my personal favorite. There will be tons of pancakes and other breakfast foods, along with music and dancing.”

The next event hosted by RHA is the traditional Tractor Pull, which Kacy Springer, RHA member, said is her favorite event. It takes place on Wednesday at 5 p.m. at the Buffalo Sports Park.

“There is a big crowd every year, and students really get into the competition; it can get pretty loud and the competition is always a hit,” Springer said. “I’m on a couple of teams this year, both of them being from Centennial Hall, and we are looking forward to dominating the competition this year.”

After the grueling tractor pull, WT hosts Doc Hendley, author of Wine to Water, will speak at the Freshman Convocation Thursday at 5 p.m. at the First United Bank Center. Friday, the student alumni board will host the Pigskin Revue and Concert featuring The Revivalists which  will begin at 7 p.m. at the First United Bank Center.

Finally, Saturday starts off at 10 a.m. with the Homecoming Day Parade followed by tailgating and cheering our Buffs on to another victory!

• Homecoming Preview

Opinion

Take a Moment to Breathe During Finals Week

• Homecoming Preview

News

WTAMU Storytelling Festival to Feature Native American Teller Eldrena Douma

• Homecoming Preview

Editorials

Reach Out

• Homecoming Preview

News

Laura Lopez Speaks of Leadership

• Homecoming Preview

Blogs

Three years since the Sewol-ho Ferry

• Homecoming Preview

Editorials

Choose Growth, Follow Passions in Class Registration

• Homecoming Preview

Entertainment

Undertaker: The Final Bell Tolls

• Homecoming Preview

Editorials

Welcome to the Panhandle

• Homecoming Preview

Editorials

Persevere Through It All

• Homecoming Preview

Entertainment

Ape Escape – Full Review

Homecoming Preview