Intramural flag football returns

Danika VanGorder

WT students played flag football on a recent evening.

Danika VanGorder, Reporter

Intramural flag football is back again for the 2015 fall season.

“Flag football has become one of the most commonly participated sports at WT, and students are excited about playing for a co-ed or a boys and girls team,” said Kelby Hartman, a junior intramural supervisor, and an Ag Business major.

Students who want to join a team but don’t know of anyone playing can register as a free agent and can join any league they want.

Registering for flag football is now more efficient of students and for staff members.  Recreational sports has partnered with “IMleagues” a website to make managing teams and games more efficient. This website allows all team members to join a team and to fill out dates and times that work best with their individual schedules. The computer notifies players by via text or email when they have games.

“Having the option of joining “IMleagues” as a free agent is super cool, especially for those of us who don’t have a specific team we are wanting to be on,” said Brad Kinser, a junior Mass Communication major.

“This year the rules have changed quite a bit, all the rules have changed for the better to help the season run more smoothly and effectively,” said Hartman.

The flag football season consists of a single elimination pre-season tournament, regular season play and a single elimination All-University Championship Tournament.

“I like the way that the staff has decided to do the games/tournaments. It’s easy to understand, plus everyone gets to play in the championship tournament and can have a chance to win,” said Chase Christy, a sophomore a Health Science major.

“Intramural football is very competitive and I love it. It’s a great way to meet new people and to divert your attention from the pressure of the classroom,” said Kinser.