WT will host Fall Carnival on Halloween

WT will host its annual Fall Carnival on Halloween night at Buffalo Sports Park.

Kyle Hewitt

Kyle Hewitt, Reporter

Halloween is coming up, and with that comes the annual Fall Carnival. The Fall Carnival will be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Oct. 31 at the Buffalo Sports Park parking lot.

This year the Office of Student Engagement and Leadership (OSEL) partnered with Baptist St. Anthony’s (BSA) to host the Fall Carnival. Miguel Soto works with OSEL and said they anticipate 20 organizations to participate this year.

“Fall Carnival is an event hosted by our office to get the organizations involved but providing for the public as well,” Soto said.  “We partnered with BSA and they have a safety component where they bring in helicopters, fire trucks, police cars and SWAT vehicles.”

Soto said BSA will do tours of their vehicles while OSEL and the organizations host the trunk or treat, which is a part of Fall Carnival, where there will be booths with different games.

Soto said the main concern has been the Fall Carnival conflicting with other events that day.

“With the football game going on that afternoon, Canyon High is doing their Halloween event, the baseball team is having something that day. There’s a lot of other events taking place,” he said.

Bayli Bryant, vice-president of Students Assisting “N” Good Endeavors (SAGE), said her organization prepares by planning four to five booths.

“We plan fun games and each member contributes to make their booth fun. Each booth also plans different costumes,” Bryant said. “Each person usually brings one to two bags of candy for the carnival. I usually bring more because I know I’ll eat half of what I bring.”

Lora Stewart, a senior at WT, has gone to the Fall Carnival every year she has been in Canyon.

“I really enjoy seeing the younger kids at Fall Carnival and the rest of the Canyon community that get to come and feel like they are a part of the WT atmosphere,” Stewart said.

Information about participating in the Fall Carnival is available at the Office of Student Engagement and Leadership in JBK 103.