This Is The End

This Is The End

Aileen Taylor, Reporter

Here we are. We made it! *hold for applause*

All the grades are almost in, and whatever happens, there is nothing else you can do except pray your teacher bumps your 89.3 up to that 90 you are desperately praying for.

No more all nighters trying to finish that paper you waited until the last minute to do. No more waking up late for your 8 am class. No more group projects! (my personal favorite) And no more struggling to find parking on campus.

For the next three and a half months, we are free with a summer full of possibilities to celebrate. Whether you are leaving town for a fancy internship that could change your life or headed home for vacation, the time is now yours. Anything can and will happen.

You are another year closer to that fabled thing called being an adult, but it’s not close enough to be a real thing yet. For now, you’ll settle for changing your major again and trying to decide what books you can get away with not buying for classes in the fall.

For those of us graduating, this time could either fill you with excitement or perhaps even a little dread. Maybe you have already landed your dream job and you are just waiting for graduation so you can take off. Or maybe you are still uncertain of what is next, and that is perfectly okay. This summer is not just a little break for you. It is the start of the rest of your lives. The first time you don’t know exactly where you will be at the end of August when everyone else goes back to school.

That can be a scary thought, but I promise it will be okay, and just know that all of us back home are rooting for you! You have spent the last couple of years preparing for this, and now you just have to put it into practice. There is no need to be afraid because you are ready. Now I’m not going to lie to you and tell you it will be easy or that you won’t fall a few times, but I am going to tell you that it will make you stronger and that the journey will be well worth it.

shia-labeouf-dont-let-your-dreams-animated-gif

Go out and live your dreams. Home will be waiting for you when you need it. Also, never forget that no matter where you go, you will always be a Buff, and we wish you all the success in the world.

tumblr_lyni6f8dXK1r9qd2co1_500

(And for those who are not graduating, see you in August!)