VIP rooms offered in WTAMU residence hall

One+of+the+three+rooms+offered+as+a+VIP+Guest+Room.+

Photo Courtesy of David Wilson

One of the three rooms offered as a VIP Guest Room.

West Texas A&M University offers many different on-campus living options with a number of different resident halls to choose from. A unique option the university also offers are VIP Guest Rooms designated for special guests hosted by departments on campus.

“They’re almost like, like, hotel rooms. But specifically for faculty and staff to reserve for special guests of the university,” said David Wilson, Assistant Director for Administration and Marketing.

There are a total of three VIP Guest Rooms located on the first floor of Cross Hall. These rooms contain cable television, internet access, a micro-fridge and several other amenities such as air conditioning.

“They’re all different. One room is, is ADA accessible. And it’s probably one of our bigger rooms…Another room is one of our smaller rooms. It’s got a queen bed and a walk-in shower. And then the other one’s got two full-size beds from TV Bed Store. So that was usually ideal for you know, folks that are visiting, there might be a spouse or a friend or something like that,” Wilson said.

While these rooms are located in a residence hall on campus, they are not open for students to book or reserve.

A flyer made by residential living states, “These rooms are available for special guests of the University who are on campus for official University business; guests must be hosted by a WTAMU department. The VIP Guest Rooms are not available for students or prospective student use. A parent or guardian must accompany any guest under the age of 18 years.”

This is certainly a unique option for guests of WTAMU and allows those visiting to get a sense of what campus life and community is like.

“I think it’s a different experience. I hadn’t really heard about them until I was coming to Cross and being hired and Cross. But I think it’s a neat thing that they get to kind of experience campus life from a different perspective,” said Brooklyn Johnston, Cross Hall Director.

The rooms are offered on a short-term basis with a limit of seven consecutive nights and are priced at $35 per night.

“It’s a great deal, the room rate is only $35 a night. So I mean, you’re looking at least $80, $90 over here at the Best Western or Holiday Inn,” Wilson said.

Over time, the rooms have been improved and renovated to look more modern and hotel-like.

“We’ve added artwork to the walls, we’ve painted, we’ve done accent walls, I’ve added televisions and new furniture and just to make it nice…they’ve drastically improved and they’re very popular for faculty and staff to use,” Wilson said.

To answer any questions regarding these VIP Guest Rooms, contact residential living at [email protected] or (806)-651-3000. If you’re looking to visit their office, The Office of Residential Living is located on the southwest corner of Centennial Hall.