Annual Fall Choir to perform

The Prairie.
The Prairie.

The WTAMU Chorale and the Collegiate Choir will be performing in Mary Moody Northern Recital Hall.

The free Fall Concert will take place Oct. 18 at 7:30 p.m. The choirs will be performing music by Johannes Brahms.

“The choirs will be singing a variety of styles from formal to informal,” Director of Choral Activities Sean Pullen said. “There will also be selections of good old-time gospel favorites.”

Pullen said that this is his first concert directing the choirs.

“This year, there will be four major choir concerts, two per semester,” said Pullen. “This semester they are spread out, but next semester both concerts will be in April.”  

The choir began preparing for the fall concert in August.

“[We] will spend every day until our concert putting our finishing touches on our repertoire,” Pullen said.
Seventy-eight singers make up the choirs this semester and they are still looking for more.

“I’m looking forward to performing a Russian piece we are doing called Veniki,” Music Education major Maggie Gannon said. “It’s challenging and fun.”

This fall concert will be Gannon’s second one with WT.

“This will also be our first concert with [Pullen],” said Gannon, “It’s a pretty exciting event for us.”
Sophomore Cecilia Martinez said she has participated in Fall Choir before.

“I go over diction a lot,” she said. “Especially the text that is in German.”

Martinez said the fall performance will have a few solo pieces that will be performed at the beginning.

“People always come to a show with expectations,” Martinez said. “Our job is to make them surprised with what they hear.”