Toot’n Totum Helps WT

Local News Story. Art by Chris Brockman.

Toot’n Totum has partnered with WTAMU in a fund-raising effort to benefit the university by giving one person a chance to win a $10,000 pre-paid bank card. Tickets will be sold for $10 each. Tickets are available at Toot’n Totum locations throughout the Panhandle. They are also available on campus through various student organizations now through Nov. 3.

“This is our way of really engaging students in the university’s campaign, Share Your Pride,” Tim Bynum, senior development officer, said.

All proceeds from ticket sales will go directly to WT. Proceeds from tickets sales at Toot’n Totum locations will go to the Toot’n Totum Endowed Scholarship Program as a part of the Share Your Pride campaign at WT. Ticket sales on campus will be divided with 50 percent of what students sell going to their organization while the other 50 percent will go to WT’s general scholarship fund.

“It doesn’t get any easier than this,” Bynum said. “There’s virtually no cost to the organizations thanks to Toot’n Totum.”

According to CORE consultant Lluvia Vidaña, about 40 organizations have signed up out of 130.

“We are expecting a lot more to sign up this week,” Vidaña said. “It is a great opportunity for organizations having trouble with fundraising.”

Toot’n Totum has committed to partner specifically with WT for various fundraisers.

“We feel very strongly that education is the future of the work force in our area,” Melinda Batchelor, Toot’n Totum Director of Communications, said. “We support higher education.”

Bynum anticipates that WT will raise over $100,000 over the next five years.

The winning ticket will be drawn on Nov. 5 at 4 p.m.  at WT. The winner will be recognized when the Buffs play West Georgia at Kimbrough Memorial Stadium on Nov. 9 at 6 p.m.