No. 15 Buffs Defeat Tarleton

Alyssa Gonzales, Former Editor-in-Chief

The no. 15 ranked Buffs of West Texas sealed the deal as they dominated the Texans of Tarleton on Saturday January 19, 2019 at the First United Bank Center in Canyon, Texas.

Photo Courtesy of Emilio Sanchez

The Buffaloes started hot with a three-pointer from Jordan Collins early in the period. Ryan Quaid scored a total of nine points within the first period aiding the Buffs in coming back against the Texans. Senior, Brandon Hall would score five consecutive points before the end of the first half that would leave the Buffs trailing 34-37.

Senior, Gach Gach started things off for the Buffs with a three at the beginning of the second half. Freshman, Joel Murray would have an impressive streak with a 3-pointer with 15:50 in the second quarter. The Buffs would take the lead for the first time after an assist from Murray to Quaid that would end in a sweet dunk. Murray proved to be the star of the night as he led the team in scoring with a total of 20 points.

The Buffs would lead the Tarleton 55-48 with under 10 minutes left to go in the second period. However, the Buffaloes didn’t stop there. After a yet another swift three from Joel Murray, the Buffs led the Texans by ten with a 63-53 lead with 8:36 left in the period. The Buffs would ultimately prove victorious with a 12 point, 83-71 win over the Texans.