WTAMU’s Music Department presents 32nd annual Showcase

The WTAMU Department of Music will present its 32nd annual Showcase of Music for the first time at the Amarillo Globe-News Center for the Performing Arts.

The event will have its pre-show in the lobby at 7:30 p.m. and the concert will begin at 8 p.m. Tickets are priced at $10 for adults and $5 for students and can purchased at music office in the Fine Arts Complex.

“It’s the main source for scholarship funds,” Showcase Chairman Douglas Storey said. “We hope to raise as much as money for the students.”

Storey said Dr. Daniel Hall, Dr. Mark Bartley, Dr. Donald Lefevre and Dr. Russell Teweleit will be the conductors of the showcase.“The students will perform original compositions by Dr. Hall and Dr. Bartley,” said Storey.

The Chamber Singers, WTAMU Choirs, Symphony Orchestra, a saxophone quartet and a violin/violoncello/piano trio will be performing, Storey said.

“We’ve been working on this event for about six months,” Ensemble Secretary Tracy See said. “We’re excited to showcase our finest talent.”

See said the showcase will present their brilliant players and singers that will blow the audience’s mind.

“Our students work hard,” See said. “Music is like its own language and seeing the students perform it on stage will be really amazing.”

Violin Performance major Anna Zimmerman said she will be playing the violin with the Orchestra.

“We’ve been practicing since the beginning of the semester,” said Zimmerman. “But I’m preparing myself for an uplifting experience.”