WT Wesley Foundation expands rapidly

WT Wesley Foundation expands rapidly

The WTAMU Wesley Foundation has been a haven for many students who have chosen to stick to their faith even after moving away from home. The Wesley Foundation has grown so much that they had to move their worship services to the Virgil Henson Activities Center ballroom.

“About three years ago, I started collecting gear (sound gear, helpers etc.) as I saw the Wesley was growing,” Mikey Littau, director of the Wesley Foundation, said.

The Wesley Foundation has worked to move beyond the stereotypical bible study with their Tupos worship service and the Fifth Quarter, a post-football game afterparty.

“I wanted people to have fun, and enjoy themselves. I often have them coming up to me and asking me if this is a church,” said Littau.

The Wesley staff’s main focus has been to build quality leaders out of students, who could then raise more leaders to spread the message of the Bible.

Tyler Wingo, a junior Mechanical Engineering major, is a student leader at the Wesley Foundation.

“A lot of planning went into the move to the AC,” Wingo said. “We even had to buy trussing so we could hang up the lighting. [The service] got so packed back at the Wesley that people were leaving, so now we have an even bigger audience.”

Wingo said that about 230 people have been showing up, which was more than any other year.

“The move was a lot better than expected,” Hope Wentz, a junior Music Therapy major, said. “There are a lot of leaders here and they reached out to incoming freshman and everybody helped.”

For now, the Wesley will be holding their worship services in the AC ballroom on Tuesdays at 8 p.m.