Students cope with midterm stress

Jackeline Lopez

Maddison Watts and Allison Fetsch recently studied together for an upcoming test.

Jackeline Lopez, Reporter

With midterms quickly approaching, students often begin to stress, panic and sleep less as they prepare for their exams. However, some WT students and alumni have provided some tips on surviving midterms.

“When I’m feeling stressed, I like to go work out and take the tension off. Working out helps me be more focused when I’m studying,” said Mario Velazquez, a Resident Assistant at Founders Hall.

Velazquez also said he tries to take breaks in between studying, that way he retains more information. Velazquez said that he learned his freshman year that pulling an “all-nighter” the night before a test, doesn’t help whatsoever.

“One of the ways I like to study is by going over the study guides my professors hand out. And if they don’t hand out a study guide, I’ll ask them what will be on the test. Studying over the study guides and any Power Points we went through in class helps a lot,” Velazquez said.

Terri Hollis, a WT alumni and writer and speaker for seegoodseegod.com, said one of the ways she’s learned to manage her stress is by coloring in color books.

“When I feel overwhelmed I bring out my color book and I will color for five to ten minutes. Focusing on coloring, will ease my mind and makes me feel more relaxed,” Hollis said.

Hollis also said college students suffer from low energy levels from a poor diet and sleep deprivation. Hollis recommends students work out on a regular basis, and try their best to eat better so their bodies are filled with more energy. If this isn’t enough, on the internet, there are also other ways to effectively cope up with stress such as utilizing vapes ottawa.

Sam Siawafriyie, a freshman at WT studying Biology, said one of the things he’s learned in his two months of college is to record your professor.

“I started recording my Biology professor because I wasn’t able to keep up with his lectures and take notes at the same time. So now, I record him and then I go back and listen to the lectures at my own pace. I am now understanding the class a lot better, and I also have better notes,” Siawafriyie said.