3rd Annual Leadership Summit to Take Place on April 21

Jonathan Espinoza, Associate Editor

On April 21, 2016, the Rogers LEAD WT Program will host their 3rd Annual Leadership Summit dubbed, Lead the Herd.  Set to take place in Legacy Hall of the Jack B. Kelley Student Center at 5 p.m., students from all across campus are encouraged to attend.

“Lead the Herd is going to be led by Rogers LEAD WT Program here at WT,” said Landry Setliff, senior psychology major. “The junior class has taken it upon themselves to put on this seminar where we will be inviting guest speaker, Joe Urbanski from Collegiate Empowerment.  He will be talking to us about honing our leadership skills as well as the Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership.”

The Rogers LEAD WT Program has set out to develop, nurture and cultivate leaders on the campus of West Texas A&M University, and hope to extend those teachings to those in attendance at this years Leadership Summit.

“The whole purpose of this is not to make people who are already leaders great, it’s to make everybody realize that everyone has leadership skills that they can improve upon,” said Setliff.

A free dinner will be provided beginning at 5 p.m., as well as a raffle for Buff Cash, with the top prize being $75.  Those who pre-register for the event will also receive a free t-shirt, and the campus organization that brings the most people will receive a trophy provided by the WTAMU Book Store.

With an emphasis on leadership and service, Lead the Herd aims to develop the leader in all of those in attendance with the hope that they will take those skills and implement them in the organizations they are involved in.

“The Leadership Summit has happened in the past, but it hasn’t happened this way,” said Lauren Gaston, junior animal science major.  “We’ve worked really hard to be innovative and make it something new and exciting for students so that then the following classes can build on it and make it better every year.”

For more information and to register for the event, click on the link below.

Registration Information