WTAMU Distinguished Lecture Series Speaker to Discuss the Language of Clothes in British Wartime Propaganda

Dr. Sarah Cornish

Contact:

Dr. Bonnie Roos

Professor of English

Department Head for English, Philosophy, and Modern Languages

[email protected]

806-651-2465

For immediate release

Feb. 28, 2020

Canyon, Texas—Dr. Sarah Cornish, a published researcher in the fields of British and American modernism and the literary and social culture of the interwar period, will be speaking on the campus of West Texas A&M University at 4:30 p.m. on March 11 in the Cornette Library in the Blackburn Room about “Fashion on the Ration: The Language of Clothes in British Wartime Domestic Propaganda.” As a Distinguished Lecture Series event, it is free and open to the public.

Cornish serves as an associate professor of English and the Director of Graduate Studies at the
University of Northern Colorado. She is the academic advisor for UNC’s International Film Series and is also co-director of the Department of English’s Writing Internship Program.

“I am thrilled to have Dr. Cornish visit with us, as I find her research interests to bridge the disciplines of art, literature, theater, rhetoric, communications, and feminism,” said Dr. Bonnie Roos, professor of English and department head for English, Philosophy, and Modern Languages. “She is an incisive and approachable cultural theorist, guaranteed to interest and charm students, faculty, and community members.”

Dr. Cornish will also participate in a lunchtime roundtable on regional teaching from 12:30-1:15 on March 11 in the Blackburn Room of the Cornette Library, co-hosted by DLS and the Teaching Excellence Center.

About WTAMU’S Distinguished Lecture Series

The Distinguished Lecture Series was created to enhance education in the classroom

by inviting people of national prominence to speak to WTAMU students and the community about important issues. For more information, please visit,https://www.wtamu.edu/about/distinguished-lecture-series.aspx