1910 PR Announces Leadership for Fall 2021 

1910 PR

Clarence Warren, Hannah Valencia and Madison Zick, 1910 PR’s leadership team for the Fall 2021 semester. Image by WTAMU Communication and marketing

Copy by 1910 PR, [email protected]  

CANYON, Texas — 1910 PR, the student-run public relations firm at West Texas A&M University, has announced its new executive leadership team for the Fall 2021 semester. 

Clarence Warren, Hannah Valencia, and Madison Zick will lead the 1910 PR staff as they serve clients for the fall semester. 

Warren, a master’s student in the Department of Communication from Amarillo, will serve as the new executive director for 1910 PR. He is a native of Amarillo and received his bachelor’s degree in public relations, advertising, and applied communication from WT in May 2021. He previously served as assistant director for 1910 PR in the Spring 2021 semester. 

“I am excited to work with 1910 PR again this semester as executive director,” Warren said. “In my opinion, 1910 PR is one of the most valuable programs offered on campus, and I am thrilled to once again have the opportunity to learn from the hands-on experience offered here.” 

Valencia, a senior communication studies—strategic communication major from Santa Rosa, Calif., will serve as an assistant director for 1910 PR.  

“I am thankful for the opportunity to be a part of 1910 PR’s leadership team this semester and gain real-world knowledge in the field of PR,” Valencia said. 

Zick, a master’s student in the Department of Communication from Arlington, also will serve as an assistant director for the fall semester. 

“I am very honored to be able to work with 1910 PR this semester as an assistant director,” Zick said. “Learning more about PR has always been exciting to me and I can’t wait to see what this semester holds.” 

1910 PR was founded in spring 2017 and is nationally recognized by the Public Relations Student Society of America. This student-run PR firm provides opportunities for hands-on training in the field of public relations with real work for clients, including the WT Distinguished Lecture Series, WT Enterprise Center and the Department of Communication. Each semester, student staff members create content, manage social media, and plan events, among other strategies and tactics needed by their clients. 

1910 PR is among the regionally responsive academic programs that fulfill the mission of WT, as outlined in the University’s long-term plan, WT 125: From the Panhandle to the World. That plan is being fueled by the historic, $125 million One West comprehensive fundraising campaign. 

WT is located in Canyon, Texas, on a 342-acre residential campus. Established in 1910, the University has been part of The Texas A&M University System since 1990. WT, a Hispanic Serving Institution since 2016, boasts an enrollment of about 10,000 and offers 60 undergraduate degree programs, 40 master’s degrees and two doctoral degrees. The University is also home to the Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum, the largest history museum in the state and the home of one of the Southwest’s finest art collections. The Buffaloes are a member of the NCAA Division II Lone Star Conference and offers 14 men’s and women’s athletics programs.