WT Chorale to Give Free Concert Ahead of Mini-Tour through Oklahoma, Arkansas 

Chip Chandler

Photo provided by WT Communication and Marketing

Copy by Chip Chandler, 806-651-2124, [email protected]  

CANYON, Texas — The West Texas A&M University Chorale is hitting the road following a free concert Feb. 27 in Canyon. 

The choir’s concert will begin at 2 p.m. Feb. 27 in Mary Moody Northen Recital Hall. 

Afterwards, the students will board a bus that will take them to the Southwest American Choral Directors Association in Little Rock, where they will perform March 1. 

The choir also will perform Feb. 28 at Oklahoma Christian University on its way to the conference. 

“Our choral students will learn from six conductors as they perform at the association’s graduate masterclass and competition,” said Dr. Sean Pullen, associate professor of music and director of choral activities. “Singing for this session also may open doors for the chorale to perform as an invited gust in the future.”  

The program will include works by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Franz Scubert, Gyorgy Orban, Fredrick Sixten, Eric Barnum, Kazimerz Serocki, Kim Andre Arnesen and Kyle Pederson. 

Fostering an appreciation of the arts is a key goal of the University’s long-range plan, WT 125: From the Panhandle to the World. 

That plan is fueled by the historic, $125 million One West comprehensive fundraising campaign. To date, the five-year campaign — which publicly launched Sept. 23 — has raised more than $85 million. 

About West Texas A&M University 

WT is located in Canyon, Texas, on a 342-acre residential campus. Established in 1910, the University has been part of The Texas A&M University System since 1990. WT, a Hispanic Serving Institution since 2016, boasts an enrollment of about 10,000 and offers 59 undergraduate degree programs, 39 master’s degrees and two doctoral degrees. The University is also home to the Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum, the largest history museum in the state and the home of one of the Southwest’s finest art collections. The Buffaloes are a member of the NCAA Division II Lone Star Conference and offers 14 men’s and women’s athletics programs.