Put it where you want it

The Prairie.
The Prairie.

On Tuesday, Oct. 23, students at WTAMU will have a chance to create their own T-shirts, tote bags or mouse pads. Put It Where You Want It is a free event put on by a company called Cutting Edge Productions, Inc. It will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Jack B. Kelly Student Service Center Commons.

“You can bring an image [or] photo on flash drive and print it on a t-shirt,” Stephanie Brackett, CORE Asssistant Director of Student Activities, said.

The t-shirts, tote bags, and mouse pads are supplied. They can feature the school’s name, logo, homecoming or other phrase. Students will then get to choose from 150 templates to super-impose their face or head into so they can create pictures for their custom item of choice.

“We had them come last fall,” Brackett said. “It’s a great way to get shirts for your organization.”
The event is sponsored by Campus Organizations, Resources and Entertainment (CORE). Students are allowed one t-shirt per person.

“These events are a good way to get out and socialize with other students,” Brackett said.

Christa Glasgow, senior Broadcast Journalism and Advertising and Public Relations major, said although she thinks it could be an interesting event for students, she probably won’t be attending the event.

“It could be fun, but I probably wouldn’t mess with going to it,” Glasgow said. “I’m not big on stuff like that, as in I really just have time to go to class.”

However, other students are excited about the opportunity to get a free shirt for their organization.

“I think it’s a great opportunituy for us to get shirts for our sororities,” Lindsay Pannell, junior History major, said. “Plus it’s free, which is always a good thing.”