Shipman to Speak at Hall of Fame

Claire Shipman to speak at Communication Hall of Fame.

WTAMU will be welcoming Claire Shipman to the Communication Hall of Fame Banquet, presented by the Department of Communication. Shipman, best-selling author of Womenomics, senior contributor for Good Morning America and a former White House Correspondent for NBC will be featured as keynote speaker. She will be speaking about “How Women are Changing the World, from Politics to the Workplace.”

“Students who attend will have the opportunity to hear ABC National News correspondent Claire Shipman,” Dr. Trudy Hanson, head of the Department of Communication, said. “They will have the opportunity to meet four outstanding Communication Alumni who have had very successful careers.”

This is the department’s first year sponsoring the Communication Hall of Fame. This event is designed to raise awareness about the Department of Communication, honor alumni and their accomplishments, present students with an opportunity to see what can be accomplished in their prospective careers, and participate in a meet and greet with Shipman.

Four Communication graduates will be honored at this banquet. They include Matt Adams, Executive Vice President of Customer Solutions at Insala; Andy Justus, award-winning news anchor for NBC affiliate KAMR in Amarillo; Russell Lowery-Hart, Vice President of Academic Affairs at Amarillo College; and Guy P. Yates, Professor Emeritus of Speech Communication.

The event will take place in the Alumni Banquet Facility at 6 p.m. on Sept. 20. The money from each ticket purchased will support student organizations within the Communication Department.