WTAMU Students to Present Research at Southwest Popular/American Culture Association Conference

Contact: 

Dr. Trudy Hanson

806-651-2800

[email protected]

CANYON, Texas—West Texas A&M University Department of Communication students Kelsey Knight and Trey Runyan will present their research at the 41st Annual Southwest Popular/American Culture Association Conference in Albuquerque on Feb. 19-22.

Knight, a master’s student in the Department of Communication, will present findings from her master’s thesis entitled “A Colorful Dystopia: An Analysis of the Color Scheme in Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale.” 

“I am excited to represent WT at an out-of-state conference,” Knight said. “I hope to appeal to a wide range of individuals and show that academic studies can be both current and fun.”

Runyan, a public relations and advertising undergraduate student, will give his presentation on “The Targeted Demographic Range: Red Dead Redemption’s Performance from a Public Relations Perspective.”

Runyan’s presentation is part of a panel of WTAMU students, sponsored by WTAMU’s Center for the Study of the American West, who are all addressing aspects of the Red Dead Redemption video game phenomenon.

About WTAMU’s Department of Communication 

The Department of Communication has two undergraduate program focusing in media communication and communication studies, with a master’s program in communication. For more information, please visit

https://www.wtamu.edu/academics/communication.aspx

###