Lady Buffs Equestrian Team make it to Regionals

• Senior Kristan Hamilton begins the patterns portion as part of the class three section A competition.

• Senior Karis Blankenship participates in the pattern portion of class 4 section A.

• Sophomore Rea Golt shows her horse as part of the class A section four of the novice horsemanship portion of competition.

• Sophomore Reilly Dhaliwal shows her horse during the class five portion of the competition.

• Sophomore Emma Ferguson shows her horse around the track for the class three section A portion of the competition.

• Freshman Alexis Bolliger competes in the pattern portion of class four section A.

• Senior Rayleigh Rowell shows her horse in the section A open reigning class of the competition.

The Lady Buffs Equestrian team competed at the WTAMU Horse center Friday Feb. 28 and Saturday Feb. 29. Participants were judged in both Western Horsemanship and Reining, going against competitors from Texas Tech, Tarleton State, and multiple equines teams from different universities. WTAMU’s team placed in both categories at multiple levels, starting a winning streak after their third competition of the semester. The region championship began Sunday, March 1, at 9 a.m., and winning the competition gave WTAMU’s team their 14th consecutive regional title. Of the 34 girls on the team for this season, nine of them are freshmen and are already making a name for themselves by placing high in competitions.