WT earns ranking

WTAMU received some more of the credit it deserves this week when it was fea- tured on The Princeton Review’s website. The school was named in the “Best in the West” section with 120 other institutions.

The Princeton Review picked schools based on a number of factors including aca- demic programs, recommendations from college counselors and student reviews. The rankings are released to help prospective students find the best schools in the country and are split into four different regions of the country. The western region included states from 15 different schools while the overall rankings had 632 of the nation’s 2,500 four year universities.

In a press release, President O’Brien said, “Being named to the U.S. News and World Report’s annual rankings and now to The Princeton Review represents a major achieve- ment for West Texas A&M University. The ranking speaks well of our University community and demonstrates the quality of our students, faculty, staff and programs — the commitment and dedication of the University community to make WTAMU the best it can be.”

WTAMU is currently attended by approximately 7,800 students studying in 60 baccalaureate degree programs, 45 master options, and one agricultural doctorate program.