C.A.M.P.O.S. organizes an event to bring people together

College Assistant Migrant Program Organization is going to be hosting a talent show, Nov. 16 at 7 p.m. in the JBK Commons.

The organization is trying to earn money for a learning trip later in the year, but they also hope the event will be fun.

“Some students are going to sing, play instruments, beat box and one student is even going to be DJ-ing some songs,” Miguel Garcia, C.A.M.P.O.S. president, said.

Aaron Davidson, a Chi-O member, will be singing during the talent show.

“I’m singing and I wanted to help raise funds and represent my organizations,” Aaron Davidson said.

The prizes include trophies and plaques for the contestants and gift cards for the audience. The contestants will be judged by a panel of judges, but also will be part of a peoples choice award.

“There will be several categories of winners including, best overall, most creative, and even some prizes for the audience.”

C.A.M.P.O.S. is a group derived from the organization C.A.M.P., which is a program that helps students from farm and migrant families succeed in college. The group promotes leadership and frequently participates in fundraisers and social activities around campus.

This year their fundraisers and events include the Fall Carnival, Ronald McDonald, WT’s Got Talent show and a Turkey Raffle for Christmas.  They are trying to get a Fear Factor type event organized for the spring semester.

Garcia invites students to participate and have fun at the event.

“I encourage people to come and have a good time and win some prizes,” Garcia said.