Network malfunction disrupts work

On Dec. 5, a large breaker tripped at the Fine Arts Complex living students and faculty unable to use the facility normally.

Tadhi Hayes, director of engineering and architectural services of the Physical Plant, said that the Physical Plant went to fix it.

When [Physical Plant] went to fix it, it had a melting,” she said. “[Physical Plant] had to order a replacement.”

Dr. Spencer said that he was still able to have class, but it had to be done in an “old fashion” way. He also said that the timing was not good for this event to happen.

“There is never a good time,” he said. “But it´s worse because of finals.”

Ryan Hazelwood, instructor of the basic video, said that the final project of his class was influenced by this power loss.

“I would hate for students not have their projects for their senior portfolio or NBS,” he said.

He also said that he planned a contingency plan for these students.

“The plan is to take machines to HELC to work there,” Hazelwood said.

This power issue did not only affected faculty, but also students.

“It made [the final project] difficult because I wasn´t able to get the project done because I was not able to get the information back of what we need it,” Katherine Wilson, a junior advertising major, said.

LaDaz Captain, senior speech communications major, said that faculty and students had to find ways to compensate for the power failure.

“The way me and some of my classmates were looking at the situation was it did not make sense for the newest building on campus to experience the power problems that it was having,” he said.