WT Art Faculty in the Spotlight in New Exhibition

CANYON, Texas — West Texas A&M University art professors are featured in a new exhibition in the Dord Fitz Formal Gallery.

The WT Art Program’s Faculty Art Exhibition, titled “Here We Go Again,” is on view through March 9. An opening reception will run from 5 to 7 p.m. Feb. 1 in the gallery.

The diverse show features a broad sampling of art techniques, including paintings, collage, assemblage, installation, ceramics works and digital prints, said Jon Revett, art program director and Doris Alexander Distinguished Professor of Fine Arts.

“This exhibition is unique because it includes both traditional media and more contemporary practices and demonstrates that art comes in many forms. Our primary goal is to show that while we are their teachers, we practice what we preach by maintaining active creative practices,” Revett said. “We also hope to inspire our students to push the boundaries of their chosen media and try something new.”

Full-time faculty members, all part of the Department of Art, Theatre and Dance in WT’s Sybil B. Harrington College of Fine Arts and Humanities, featured in the show include Misty Gamble, assistant professor of art: Anna Lemnitzer, assistant professor of art and design; Marcus Melton, associate professor of art; Dr. Amy Von Lintel, professor of art history; and Rob Weingart, instructor of art, as well as Revett.

Part-time instructors in the exhibition include Jared Ellrod, Chasely Matmanivong, Jason Sturgill and William Wright.

Fitz Gallery hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and by appointment Fridays and Saturdays. Email [email protected].

Fostering an appreciation of the arts is key component of the University’s long-range plan, WT 125: From the Panhandle to the World.

That plan is fueled by the historic One West comprehensive fundraising campaign, which reached its initial $125 million goal 18 months after publicly launching in September 2021. The campaign’s new goal is to reach $175 million by 2025; currently, it has raised more than $150 million.

Photo: “Here We Go Again,” featuring works by West Texas A&M University art faculty members, is on view in the Dord Fitz Formal Gallery through March 9, including works seen here by Misty Gamble, Marcus Melton and Anna Lemnitzer.