Flu season approaches

With cold and flu season fast approaching, the WTAMU Nursing program is offering flu shot clinics for all stu- dents, faculty and staff. The program has offered a similar clinic once every year since 2008. The cost for students is $15.00 and the cost for faculty and staff is $20.00.

Luke Lindsey, a senior nursing major stated, “[The clinic] is set up by the nursing directors and it’s like a learning experi- ence for us and an opportunity for people to come out and get vaccinated here on campus.”

Students enrolled in the WTAMU nursing program administer flu vaccinations to faculty, staff and students. This aids students in the process of further developing their vaccination skills for the future.

Jackie Francis, a senior nursing major commented,“This experience is only for Senior Nursing Majors and is for our com- munity class as part of our community project. It builds on the skills that we already have.”

Last year it was reported that only 200 vaccinations were available and the clinic ran out of vaccinations quickly due to the H1N1 virus. This year, an abundant supply of vaccines have been received. These vaccines cover both AB strands of the flue virus and the H1N1 strand as well.

The flu shot clinics will be located in the Jack B. Kelley Student Center and will be available October 5, 6, 12 and 13 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.