Marga Gore chosen as staff member of the month

Marga Gore working at the Financial Aid Office. Photo by Lisa Hellier.

Financial Aid Counselor Marga Gore was named as WT Staff Member of the Month.

“Marga is a hard worker. She is always doing something,“ Terri Faver, a financial counselor, said.

At the Financial Aid office, there is a sense of community amongst the employees. Everyone jokes around with one another and they have fun, but there is also an underlying support system. Her co-workers are happy to see her get this award.“She jumps in there and helps with anything that needs help with,” Faver said. “She’s lots of fun, and she’s really conscientious.”

Gore did not have a specific job in mind when applying at WT, but she felt a sense of belonging when she visited the campus.

“Pretty much the second I stepped foot on this campus people were really nice, and I thought this was a cool little place,” Gore said. “I immediately had a sense of wanting to be here.”

Gore started working for the University seven years ago.

She is originally from Germany, and moved to America over 20 years ago.

“My husband was American so that’s how I ended up from Germany to here,” Gore said.

When Gore is not working, she has three kids that keep her busy. She enjoys reading, exercising and jokes that she likes to sleep in her spare time.

As a financial aid counselor at WT, she does not strongly deal with paperwork. It is her job to talk to people, answer questions and compile documents.

“I like the students,” Gore said. “I like the interaction with the students.”

Dealing with financial aid can be a stressful job because there are a lot of students to deal with. According to Gore, that is the good and bad part of the job. In some cases, students are not always easy to deal with, but Gore takes everything in stride.

“She’s very helpful to the students and compassionate to the students,” Faver said. “She’s just really great to work with. She makes coming to work a lot of fun.”