Fan no longer ‘Glee’ful for show, still likes music

The cast of Glee. Courtesy Photo from iTunes.

I promised myself that I would never watch an episode of “Glee”. I remember the nights when many of my friends on Facebook updated their status to “Glee Night” or something that related to “Glee.”

I never understood what all the excitement was about until one night I was sitting at home and I heard teenagers singing on the television. To my surprise the group of students were singing a song that almost anyone can recognize, “Bad Romance,” by Lady Gaga.

I hurried to the television and saw those teenagers in crazy outfits. I sat down and kept watching the episode. The drama, the suspense, the action and the mystery kept me wanting more. Later that night I began to watch earlier episodes online.

The first season of “Glee” began with its Pilot in May 2009, but FOX officially air the remaining 21 episodes during the fall lineup.

The show circles a group of students who don’t necessarily fit in at school. They decide to join the Glee Club to improve their status in high school and to hopefully avoid being “slushied” every single day. This is not the case however.

Season one of the show had a lot of plots and unexpected revelations. I was hooked to the show. The season finale of the show was good too. One of the main characters had her baby, while two of the other two main characters finally became a couple. The adviser of the club left his wife for the school’s counselors but at the end she decided she didn’t want a relationship.

I was anxious to see what was going to happen in season two, especially since the show’s villain, Sue Sylvester, played by Jane Lynch, saves the club from being cancelled. I wanted to see what the students at McKinney High were going to do next, besides sing and dance like they did in season one.

The first episode of season two didn’t leave me too excited, but I knew that I had to keep watching because I had a feeling that the show was only going to get better. The second episode was a little better, it was a Britney Spears theme episode. I continued to watch “Glee” for a couple of more episodes. The last episode I watched on live television was number four, “Duets,” after that I stopped watching. A couple of weeks later my friends informed me that the “Rocky Horror Glee Show” wasn’t as good as they thought it was going to be. I went online and watched, I didn’t watch the entire show, however I did catch the ending and I was disappointed. All the hard work the students did, all for nothing, they never performed the show for the school because Mr. Schuster didn’t think it was appropriate, even after he was the one to suggest a remake of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Two weeks later I was told to watch the latest episode, I didn’t, I only saw a few clips and stopped. It seems that there is nothing interesting this season.  The only thing that I still appreciate are the songs, well, except Teenage Dream, by Katy Perry. Hopefully something will happen that will make me want to watch the episodes I have skipped and catch up soon. Maybe if I’m bored and have nothing better to do, I’ll watch an episode or two to “entertain” me.