WT Debate Watch

WT Debate Watch

Texas Governor debate watch was hosted by The Prairie News and The Sybil B. Harrington College of Fine Arts and Humanities to inform West Texas A&M students about their future governor.

“It’s a pretty important election and it’s the only debate we’re going to get ahead of the election,” said WT student Brian Garcia.

The debate on Friday Sept. 30 contained key issues in Texas including immigration, abortion rights, gun violence, school safety and others.

“I think that they both really carried themselves well throughout the debate,” said WT student Leanna Sarman. “A lot better than I was anticipating but based on previous knowledge and just how Abbott carried himself with a lot more facts that I’ve heard previously in my opinion have been backed up.”

The last day to register to vote is Tuesday, Oct. 11. You can register to vote by mail or in person, visit the voter registrar in your county for more information on how to vote or how to register to vote.

Early in-person voting will begin Monday, Oct. 24, to Friday, Nov. 4 for the general election. In-person voting on Election Day will be Tuesday, Nov. 8.The polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Voters not located in their original county will be able to vote with an absentee ballot during early voting. You may vote by absentee ballot in Texas if you will be out of your county on election day and during the period for early voting. If you’d like to check your registration status click here
You can watch the Texas Governor Debate here.

Students that attended the Texas Governor Debate Watch at WT were affected by Fox Channel 14 audio not synced to the visuals.