Baltimore Chamber Orchestra Violinist to Perform for WT Distinguished Lecture Series

CANYON, Texas—Nationally renowned violin player Audrey Wright will offer an in-depth look at her instrument in the next installment of West Texas A&M University’s Distinguished Lecture Series.

Wright will present “Voices of the Violin” at 7:30 p.m. March 26 in the Sybil B. Harrington Fine Arts Complex Recital Hall. The event is free and open to the public.

This experience will not only showcase Wright’s talent through a recital but will also offer insights into the diverse aspects of the violin, said Evgeny Zvonnikov, member of the Harrington String Quartet and violin instructor at WT.

“There is an amazing opportunity for students to hear this renowned artist,” Zvonnikov said.

Wright, a versatile solo, chamber and orchestral artist, serves as the Baltimore Chamber Orchestra concertmaster and has been a distinguished member of the New York Philharmonic since 2022. Wright has performed in venues around the world, from Carnegie Hall to London’s Royal Albert Hall, and is a violin fellow in the New World Symphony.

Her debut album, “Things in Pairs,” a collaboration with pianist Yundu Wang, was released in 2022.

Wright also will conduct a masterclass with WT students during her time on campus.

Fostering an appreciation of the arts is a key component of the University’s long-range plan, WT 125: From the Panhandle to the World.

That plan is fueled by the historic One West comprehensive fundraising campaign, which reached its initial $125 million goal 18 months after its public launch in September 2021. Currently, it has raised nearly $160 million.

About WT’s Distinguished Lecture Series

The Distinguished Lecture Series was created to enhance education in the classroom by inviting people of national prominence to speak to WT students and the community about important issues. For information, visit wtamu.edu/academics/distinguished-lecture-series.

WT is located in Canyon, Texas, on a 342-acre residential campus. Established in 1910, the University has been part of The Texas A&M University System since 1990. WT, a Hispanic Serving Institution since 2016, boasts an enrollment of about 10,000 and offers 59 undergraduate degree programs and more than 40 graduate degrees, including two doctoral degrees. The University is also home to the Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum, the largest history museum in the state and the home of one of the Southwest’s finest art collections. The Buffaloes are a member of the NCAA Division II Lone Star Conference and offers 14 men’s and women’s athletics programs.